In honor of Veterans Day, active military personnel, veterans, and their immediate families can get free admission to Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium on Saturday, November 11, 2017. See the Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium Contact Us page for directions and contact information. Veterans and their families can also get free admission to Wildlife Safari Park on Veterans Day (open between 9 AM and 4 PM).
Any veteran that can show proof of military service can ride for free on any GRTC routeall day on Veterans Day, November 11. Follow that link above for all the different types of proof of military service that bus operators will accept. Some include an active/reserve/retired military ID card, VA ID card, and DD214.
This year on Veterans Day, November 11, all active duty, former, and retired military personnel get free entrance to Mount Vernon from 9:00 AM through 4:00 PM. The full address is 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, VA 22121.
On November 10, 11, and 12, (between 9:30 AM and 4:00 PM), anyone currently serving in the military or who has served in the past, get free admission to the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma, WA. Immediately members of their families can get half-off their admission.
Note: This offer is also available for their sister zoo, Northwest Trek Wildlife Park. However, be sure to check that link for specifics.
Veterans and active military who show military ID can play golf for free on Veterans Day (from 8 AM to 9 PM) at the Foster Park, Shoaff Park, and McMillen Park golf courses in Fort Wayne, IN. Tee times can be made in advance at 260-427-6735. Electric carts are not included in this free offer, and an ID is required.
Members of the Armed Forces (active duty, reserves, and veterans) get free admission all year to the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta when they show their valid Armed Forces ID card.
In honor of Veterans Day, Newseum in Washington, DC, is offering free admission to active duty and retired military members, plus a single guest. Free admission is valid the day before Veterans Day, Friday November 10th, and will continue through to Sunday the 12th.
Created by PanCare of Florida, the Stand Up for Veterans event provides free health and dental care to veterans.
This year, this offer is valid on Friday, November 3, in Panama City. There’s both dental and medical care at this location.
On Friday, November 17, the following locations are participating: Blountstown, Bonifay, Bristol, Carrabelle, Chipley, Freeport, Marianna, Port St. Joe, and Wewahitchka.
Be sure to check that link above for more information, like to see if your location is offering the medical and/or the dental care, as well as to make an appointment.
You can make an appointment with the form through that link or by calling the clinic — the numbers are available through that link too.
Also required is your DD214. However, another form of proof of service might be accepted too; just call ahead of time to ask what you need to bring.
Veterans can get a free extraction, filling, or hygiene cleaning on Veterans Day, November 11, at The John Fornetti Dental Center in Iron Mountain, MI. This offer is valid between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM on Saturday the 11th only, and is first come, first served. This annual event is called Dentistry For Out Vets.
Veterans, active duty military members, National Guard, and reserve personnel get free admission to World of Little League Museum all year long. Plus, they can bring up to five guests. World of Little League Museum is in South Williamsport, PA.
Military veterans and active duty military get into SeaWorld for free when they access the theme park website through Waves of Honor. This offer is valid only for visitors that have proof of military service. However, you can’t get admission at the gate — you have to do it through the link above, probably by logging in with a special Troop ID.
Other Veterans Day Retail Discounts 2017
Veterans can save at their favorite stores this Veterans Day with these discounts.
- Dollar General 11% Veterans Day Discount: Veterans, active military members, and their families will get 11% off their in-store or online purchase at Dollar General on Veterans Day.
- Lowe’s 10% Military Discount: Lowe’s has a 10% military discount for current, retired, and VA members. This also applies to immediate family.
- JCPenney 10% Discount: Take an additional 10% off your in-store JCPenney order November 8-12. It can be combined with other offers taking place that week too. A military or VA ID is required.
- Rack Room Shoes 10% Discount: Military personnel and their dependents can show a valid military ID at Rack Room Shoes any Tuesday as well as on Veterans Day, Saturday, November 11, to receive 10% off their total purchase.
- Jo Ann Fabric and Craft Stores: Past and present military members plus their dependents get 10% off their total purchase at Jo Ann’s every day of the year. This is valid not only for regularly priced items but also anything on sale or clearance.
- Black Angus Steakhouse 75% Discount Meal: Veterans and active military get a $9.99 Certified Angus Beef Top Sirloin Steak with home-style mashed potatoes, broccoli, garlic bread, and a beverage. Valid November 11 only, from open until 3 PM.
- Publix 10% Veterans Day Discount: Publix is offering 10% off items purchased on Veterans Day for active and retired military and their family members. Proper ID is required, which can include their military ID, veteran ID, driver’s license with the veteran’s designation, or a copy of their DD-214. The discount is not valid for gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, lottery items, money services, postage stamps, or prescriptions.
- Red Roof Inn 40% Discount – Retired and active military members can get 40% off the standard room rate when they make a purchase from November 1-22. The discount is valid for any stay through the end of February, 2018.
- 10% Off Kingsmill Resort Rooms: Veterans and active duty military personnel who show military ID can get 10% off the regular room rates at Kingsmill Resort.
- The Mariners’ Museum $5 Admission – Veterans, active, and retired military members, plus their families, can get into The Mariners’ Museum in Newport News, VA, for just $5 from November 10 through November 12. Military ID is required and it does not include 3D movies.